Reverb is one of the most used effects in the sound studio, so we thought we would make a series of videos about the reverb. And we start with the history of it. Learn in three minutes where terms like: Hall, Room, Plate and Spring come from.
What are these Reverb buttons, sliders and controls for? We explain about Reverb time, wet and dry, hi and lo eq and pre-delay in this short and easy to follow video.
What is a convolution reverb and why is it so special? Learn what an IR file is and what is is made of. And listen to some of the sounds.
CHECK OUT OUR REVERB VIDEOS
- PART 1: https://youtu.be/KVUaHQPVcVM
- PART 2: https://youtu.be/oUtTj9rZbXc
- PART 3: https://youtu.be/0glhWZ5HdRA
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
LINKS WE MENTIONED IN THE VIDEOS
- Wikipedia about reverb: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverberation
- Wikipedia about Echo Chamber: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3LFML_pxlY (1:01)
- Create a plate reverb (1): sonicscoop.com/how-to-build-a-diy-ikea-plate-reverb-for-100
- Create a plate reverb (2): hackaday.com/building-a-plate-reverb-on-the-cheap
- Spring reverb video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU7U-U-n4EQ
- Download the Convology Reverb: CONVOLOGY XT (wait 5 seconds and click on SKIP ADS at the right top)
EXTRA IR WAV FILES (for Convology XT)
BUY US A COFFEE
Please consider supporting our effort to create free tutorials and reviews.
We love to drink a nice cup of coffee during our work, so we would be very happy if you buy us one.
If you want to donate more (or less) you can always change the amount. Thanks in advance.