MIDI keyboards are used to send key information to the computer. It sends digital information like the notes you played, and other information to the computer. The computer converts this into a sound and can also be recorded in the computer as a song. So a MIDI keyboard is a very useful tool in your studio.
Did it dazzle you, all these MIDI and USB talk? Let's see what tips and tricks are in this video...
- MIDI OUT always goes to MIDI IN
- MIDI to MIDI - If an audio interface has MIDI, use that, all MIDI and audio data will go through one unit.
- USB to USB - If an audio interface has NO MIDI, use the USB connector of the keyboard to connect to the USB of the computer.
- MIDI to USB - If a keyboard only has MIDI and the interface has NO MIDI, buy a MIDI2USB cable and connect the MIDI to the USB of the computer.
- Always get a keyboard that has velocity, you need that when you will start recording.
- Try to find a 2nd hand keyboard, MIDI has been around for over 35 years.
Here you find a list of MIDI controller keyboards that are priced below 100 US$ (streetprice). Check the most recent prices at your local online shop. If you have any addition to this list, please let me know through our contact page on our website.
MIDI CONTROLLER KEYBOARDS
|midiplus AKM320||32 key||US$ 37|
|Worlde EASYKEY.25||25 key||US$ 43|
|M-Audio Keystation Mini 32||32 key||US$ 49|
|Akai Professional LPK 25||25 key||US$ 52|
|midiplus AK490||49 key||US$ 75|
|Novation Launchkey||25 key||US$ 92|
|M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32||32 key||US$ 92|
|midiplus i61||61 key||US$ 99|
|Acorn Instruments Masterkey||61 key||US$ 99|
|Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII||25 key||US$ 99|
Check out the latest prices of MIDI controller keyboards at Thomann
Prices are estimates and are subject to change.
Please consider this...
All information you find on our website and Youtube channel is free for you to use and we want to keep it free.
By donating you give us the opportunity to creat many more free courses, tutorials and reviews of great tools.
If you want to donate more (or less) you can always change the amount. Thanks in advance..