Here's a list of things you might want to buy to make working in your studio even better...
- Power strip - get a power strip with around 6 connectors and an ON/OFF switch.
- Wireless mouse - it is so much better to have no cables running over your desk, so a wireless mouse is really one of the first things you have to buy.
- DI box - you need this to make direct recordings from an electric guitar or an acoustic guitar with a microphone built in. Just plug the jack plug of the guitar in the input of the DI box and connect the XLR out to your audio interface.
- Powered USB hub - there are never enough USB connections on your computer, so get a hub to have 5 more USB ports. Just connect the USB port of your computer to the USB IN of the hub.
- Headphone mixer/amplifier - this small mixer give all visitors access to your sound, they can all listen to your mix and set individual volumes.
- Cables (XLR and jack) - try to buy them in different lengths. Connect your interface to the speakers with a short cable. Have long cables for the microphones.
- Mic stands - if you have a microphone you need a stand also, get a heavy one. It might prevent your mic from falling.
- Sheet music stand - when you are recording vocals you need this to hold the lyrics.
- Shockmount - some microphones come with a shockmount, but some don't, so when you buy a microphone, check if it has one.
- Pop shield - this is really needed, it will make vocal recording so much easier.
- Speaker stands - placing your speakers away from the desk, on separate stands, is a great way to improve your sound. The desk will not resonate with your speaker's sound.
- Acoustic panels - if you have too many reflections in your room, check what you can do about that and get some panels.
- Carpet / Persian rug - this helps a lot to reduce the reflections in your room.
- Hardware controller - because you have a DAW, everyting is done in your computer. But your computer has no faders and other buttons dedicated to your DAW, so getting a controller for that is the next step for your studio. Check them out!
BUY US A COFFEE
Please consider supporting our effort to create free tutorials and reviews.
We love to drink a nice cup of coffee during our work, so we would be very happy if you buy us one.
If you want to donate more (or less) you can always change the amount. Thanks in advance.